Welcome to the Tarrant Library
Preparing Students for Life
Teacher-Librarian: Mrs. Terrell
Policies and Procedures:
- Students will attend orientation with their Language Arts class in September to receive their HCS barcode, which will be placed in their agenda, allowing them to check out resources.
- Students coming individually to the library will sign in to the Electronic Check-In Station.
- Resources may be checked out for two weeks.
- Overdue notices will be given out by their Language Arts teacher monthly.
- All materials must be returned by the end of the school year.
Playaways and Nooks:
Playaways (handheld book device) and Nooks are available for check out. Students may request a permission slip from the library for checking out these items.
Lost or Damaged Books:
Students are expected to return books in the same condition as received. If books are lost or damaged, students will be responsible for the cost of the replacement.
Computers/Chromebooks are to be used for reading online books and completing school work.
Please ask permission before printing.
Chromebook "Help Desk"
Students needing help with their Chromebook may see Mrs. Terrell in the library or Mrs. Johnson in the main office.
Copyright © 2017 Hampton City Schools. All Rights Reserved. One Franklin Street, Hampton, Virginia, 23669 757-727-2000 The Hampton City School Division is not responsible for the contents of any off-site webpages referenced from HCS servers. Hampton City Schools Non-Discrimination Notice - HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or other protected classes in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robbin G. Ruth, Executive Director, Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669 757-727-2000.
Contact the Tarrant Middle School Webmaster Here